Respect the 2nd Amendment
The 2nd amendment is enshrined in our constitution but it is not unregulatable. Colin believes in a 6 point gun violence prevention plan that does not infringe on the rights enshrined in the 2nd amendment.
1) Increase funding and access to mental health.
2) Allow doctors to inform patients, should they want to, about the possible dangers inherent in gun ownership.
3) Full criminal and psychological background check on all gun purchases.
4) 48 hour waiting period on all gun purchases.
5) 5 year mandatory renewal of firearm licenses with an appeal system in place.
6) Red Flag Bill: A judicial system in place whereby a doctor or police officer can remove firearms from a potentially dangerous person, but a hearing on this decision must take place within 7 days